Hauppauge · Intern Position
The Long Island Association for AIDS Care, Inc. is looking for an Analyst Intern which offers students the opportunity to build and strengthen professional skills particularly in program evaluation, research, analysis, writing, organization and interpersonal communications.
This is an unpaid internship which is flexible based on internship or practicum requirements.
- Policy development
- Quantitative research, design, and assistance with monitoring federal and state health programs and other emerging healthcare trends
- Work with Supervisor to develop evaluation tools to assess needs of clients served
- Candidate will experience exposure to LIAAC program analysis and evaluation methodologies
- Participate in the development of client surveys and creation of its report
Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for unpaid LIAAC internships. The internships at LIAAC are extremely beneficial to those seeking to acquire practical work experience in the Health and Human Services field. Candidates should be working toward a Bachelor’s, Graduate, or Postgraduate Degree, and all majors are welcome. Preference will be given to Health and Human Services majors. Candidates should also have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Research and analysis experience
- Strong interest in public health related policy issues
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with HIV and other chronic health related issues
To be considered for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.