Care Coordination Technician
Hauppauge · Full-time Position
The Long Island Association for AIDS Care, Inc. is looking for a Care Coordination Technician to assist the Health Home Care Coordinators in the provision of Care Coordination services to clients.
- Assist the Care Coordinators in the development of the Health Home Initial Screening, FACT-GP, Health Risk Assessment and Care Coordination Plan.
- Assist Care Coordinators in making phone calls and visits to clients, other agencies and providers in order to obtain information pertinent to the Health Risk Assessment and Care Coordination Plan development, and delivery of Core Services
- Responsible for maintaining case load of approximately 35-40 clients.
- Aid in the coordination of case conference meetings with other service providers and participate as needed.
- Ensure documentation in electronic health record is kept in accordance with the Lead Health Home standards.
- Ensure client contacts meet required Health Home requirements and are documented in the electronic health record.
- Communicate all information relative to client’s progress with the Care Coordinator.
- Attend required training as appropriate.
- Assure client information is kept confidential at all times.
- Assist Care Coordinator with service provision and follow-up, as required, according to client need.
- Assist Chief Officer for Care Coordination in the monitoring of client’s Medicaid eligibility.
- Conduct outreach concerning Health Homes to other agencies and other community organizations to further develop a referral base.
- Conduct outreach activities pertaining to Health Home requirements included but not limited to making phone calls, sending letters and unscheduled appointments.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Human Services or any related major (such as Social Worker) preferred plus some experience relative to the delivery of human services. Internship experience acceptable.
Or Associate’s degree in health/human service field and 1 year of qualifying experience or high school diploma or equivalent and two years of experience relative to the delivery of human services. Bi-lingual preferred.
To be considered for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.