Hauppauge · Part-time Position
The Client Navigator will be responsible for increasing the number of minorities participating in the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) and other public or private health care coverage programs. The Client Navigator will assist the Health Insurance Navigator engage persons from disproportionately impacted communities of color on Long Island who are living with HIV disease to enter care at an earlier stage in their illness and receive state-of-the-art clinical care and medications.
- Conduct targeted outreach to encounter individuals in Nassau and Suffolk Counties through community and street level events to inform high-risk/high-prevalence populations and individuals of available health care coverage
- Encounter newly and previously diagnosed HIV-positive individuals
- Screen and assess all PLWHA encounters for health care coverage to determine if they are under-or uninsured
- Provide referrals for supportive services and medical treatment
- Enroll consumers who are eligible into ADAP and/or other public or private health care coverage programs
- Transition eligible consumers to comprehensive health care coverage programs
- Follow-up with all eligible consumers to confirm application process has been completed and all documentation has been submitted
- Conduct individual and group level educational trainings to professionals and to consumers in the community
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED or BA/BS preferred;
- 1 year of working in HIV/AIDS, substance abuse, behavioral health and/or other chronic illnesses;
- Familiarity with regional In-Person Assistance/Navigator programs for enrollment in health care through the New York State of Health preferred;
- Effective communication and documentation skills; and
- Cultural and linguistic competence for the target population(s). Bi-lingual
This is a part-time position with a salary of $18.50/hour for 20 hours a week.
To be considered for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.