Director of Prevention Education
Hauppauge · Full-time Position
The Long Island Association for AIDS Care, Inc. is looking for a Director of Prevention Educationresponsible for formulating the objectives and direction of the Prevention Education Department, while overseeing the planning and evaluation of the department’s HIV counseling, testing and referral services, Hepatitis C facilitation services, STI facilitation service, outreach and educational programs.
- Direct the Prevention Education Department, which is responsible for conducting educational programs, outreach initiatives, facilitation of Hepatitis C testing, STI tests and HIV counseling, testing and referral services in accordance with agency standards and objectives.
- Develop and maintain the Education Department’s federal and state work plans, measuring quantitative and qualitative goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Research and design primary and secondary prevention programs to meet prevention education needs of the Long Island community, while adhering to the standards of the agency’s funding sources.
- Evaluate activities to ensure work plan goals and objectives are achieved.
- Serve as the department’s primary coordinator of education/Hepatitis C/STI/HIV CTR/outreach activities:
- Provide oversight to the processing of requests for educational programs to include scheduling, planning and organizing resources, facilities and speakers.
- Respond to requests for concept papers and request for proposals in area of expertise as required. Submit written program proposals and grant proposals as assigned.
- Develop a strong linkage with the Medical Information Consultant to keep the education department, hotline, and agency updated on the latest HIV/AIDS developments.
- Oversee the supervision of the day-to-day operations of the department’s: NYS Communities of Color (Project REACH) grant; SAMHSA ECHO grant; NYS RPSS work plan and Social Media component.
- Maintain a strong leadership role in community prevention and education initiatives.
- Participate in any media or educational programs where the experience of this position is needed.
- Serve as consultant to health care professionals who are serving communities trying to overcome risky behavior for HIV, STI, and Hepatitis C infection.
- Attend public hearings community meetings, forums, etc., and participate in community outreach.
- Expand agency linkages with key contacts of HIV/AIDS, STI, Hepatitis C, and substance use service providers and related education providers throughout Long Island. Actively participate with other agencies in regional planning of conferences, public forums, and joint educational efforts addressing HIV, STI and Hepatitis C issues.
- Serve as a consultant and member of community committees and work groups as assigned.
- Design and implement ongoing evaluation tools, tracking/monitoring systems, and outreach/enhancement strategies for Education Department.
- Prepare and maintain monthly and annual reports; coordinate collected data and demographics for long-term planning and annual projects. Compile National, Regional and Local statistical HIV/AIDS, STI, Hepatitis C and substance abuse prevalence data and statistics.
- Meet as directed with the President/CEO, Board of Directors, and regularly with Chief Program Officer
- Advise and update on departmental objectives, needs, accomplishments, and problems.
- Advise in areas of programmatic expertise.
- Present an annual report on the prevention education department, as requested, to the agency Board of Directors.
- Directly supervise the Education Coordinator, full time Social Media Specialist and Prevention Education Administrative Assistant.
- Oversee the supervision of the Prevention Specialists and High Risk Educators.
- Oversee the educational review process of all agency and state literature and materials.
- As a member of the agency’s management team, participate in program assessment and long-term planning.
- Assume responsibilities as Director of the Day, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree preferred with a minimum of three years’ related experience required. Three years administrative experience required. Extensive knowledge of AIDS-related information and issues required. Must possess excellent public speaking and writing skills.
To be considered for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.