ECHO Prevention Specialist
Hauppauge · Full-time Position
The Long Island Association for AIDS Care, Inc. is looking for an ECHO Prevention Specialist to engage At-Risk Racial/Ethnic Minority Youth and Young Adults through outreach and social networking, and communicate the services that are available to them through HIV/HCV/STI counseling, testing and referrals. Conduct mobile HIV/HCV/STI testing, including pre- and post- test counseling, facilitate binge drinking and transmission of AIDS education and awareness programs, as well as social marketing campaigns.
- The responsibilities of the Prevention Specialist II is comprehensive of all components of the grant: (a) Counseling/Testing and Referral (b) Implementation of Educational/Evidenced Based Interventions (such as: (such as: Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students; Motivational Interviewing).
- Collaborate with the Director of Prevention Education and Education Coordinator to develop plans to meet the Educated Choices Healthy Options (ECHO) grant goals.
- Work with newly diagnosed and existing clients in identifying their social networks.
- Conduct Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASIC): Provide single/multi-session one-to-one HIV/STI/HCV educational and skill-building interventions to individuals.
- Utilizing an agency Outreach vehicle:
- Conduct Outreach and provide education regarding: HIV, HCV, and STI’s
- Conduct HIV testing using OraQuick® Advance test Kits while implementing evidence based intervention model Motivational Interviewing.
- Conduct HCV testing using OraQuick® Rapid HCV test.
- Conduct STI testing using Urine CT/GC Combo through partnership with the Center for Disease Detection (CDD)
- Provided active referrals to appropriate providers for individuals who screen positive for mental health and/or substance use.
- Provide screened referrals and linkages to local resources.
- Conduct outreach in specific targeted areas where there is a high incidence of HIV/HCV/STI for the ECHO grant.
- Responsibilities may require occasional flexing of work schedule to allow for attendance to occasional evening and/or weekend activities.
- Distribute: A) Information relating to HIV/AIDS/HCV/STI prevention education risk reduction information B) Condoms C) Referrals D) Program Client Incentives (i.e. Food/gift cards).
- Refer individuals to PNAP (Partner Notification Assistant Program) services.
- Refer individuals to health care providers where they can receive a full range of medical services, including access to primary care, HIV/HCV/STI screenings.
- Refer individuals for Substance Abuse Treatment, HIV/HCV/STI primary care, treatment and mental health services.
- Ensure that outcomes projected in the ECHO work plan are being tracked and met.
- Oversee the collection of data ensuring that it is in accordance with ECHO funding guidelines. Ensure that all necessary information is being captured through client interviews.
- Ensure authorized HIPAA consents are obtained for follow up.
- Follow up directly with clients at minimum of two times Post Referral.
- Follow up with referred agencies to ensure client has been in receipt of services at minimum two times Post Referred.
- Assist with the development and updating of departmental health related curriculums.
- Assist with the training of new departmental staff.
- Participate in conducting agency new hire education orientation/CASAC training delivery.
- Harvest viable community contacts and maintain positive rapports with existing collaborative community partners.
- Assist with the generation of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Assist with Education Departmental duty of providing coverage for quarterly agency internal staff trainings.
- Attend grant/state specific trainings as indicated by departmental administration.
- Use of primary personal vehicle for completion of program outreach as needed.
- Attend bi-weekly supervision and/or grant project meetings.
- Ensure all policy and procedures are adhered to when accessing/requesting: supplies; materials; and client incentives.
- Provide coverage for: agency hotline and closing team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One (1) year experience in conducting outreach.
- One (1) year HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of targeted communities where outreach will be conducted.
- Good verbal and organizational skills a must.
- Characteristics of a positive team-player needed
To be considered for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.