Health Homes Care Coordinator
The Care Coordinator is responsible for providing case management services to clients with chronic illnesses. To promote linkage to the full range of needed services and ensures the coordination of these services through advocacy and promoting integration of community providers in Nassau, Queens, and Suffolk counties. The Care Coordinator promotes client's compliance to medical and behavioral health services and addresses barriers to connecting and maintaining care while encouraging self-sufficiency and empowerment.
Master's or Bachelor's degree in Social Work or health/human or education services and (1) one year of qualifying experiences in the health field; or Associate's degree in health/human service related fields and (2) two years of qualifying experience in the health field.
- Demonstrated competency in written, verbal and organizational skills to present and document records in accordance with program standards.
- Working knowledge of electronic health record systems, PC skills, proficient in Word processing and Excel.
- Active listening skills needed to document accurate information.
- Working knowledge of interdisciplinary planning process and the development of an individualized patient centered plan of care.
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Social Security and other entitlements.
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred.
Interested applicants should email their resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 631.656.7232