Human Resources Assistant
Hauppauge · Full-time Position
The Long Island Association for AIDS Care, Inc. is looking for a Human Resources Assistant for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations. Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, they will perform a wide range of duties relative to the maintenance and processing of personnel records and reports.
- Assist in creating job posting/advertisements for employment of candidates and screen individuals for open positions. Conduct reference checks, background investigations and ensure all new employees submit their new hire documentation.
- Assist in the maintenance of a complete personnel file for each employee. Prepare employee files for department audits.
- Assist in the administration of benefits programs for all employees, such as health insurance, COBRA, FMLA tracking, life insurance, long-term disability, Social Security, retirement, medical, disability, workers’ compensation, and unemployment insurance. Respond to basic employee inquiries related to benefits, compensation, and time off requests.
- Compose (as required) and type correspondence, reports, and memoranda for the Director of Human Resources. Filing, photocopying, and other general office duties.
- Collects time sheets (bi-weekly), travel vouchers (monthly) and assists with time and effort reporting. Creates Personnel Action Forms (PAF’s) as needed for salary or job changes.
- Act as backup to the Executive Office when Executive Assistant is on vacation.
- Assists IT with routine administrative duties including: preparing purchase orders; placing orders for equipment and supplies; and tracking computer equipment inventory and the assignment of telecommunications equipment to staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in Human Resources preferred. At least two years of Human Resources experience (internship acceptable). Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Windows XP, and Windows 7. Experience working with desktop computers and mobile devices. Knowledge in the administration of employee benefits.
To be considered for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.